Stephen Su, General Director of IEK, was invited to deliver a keynote presentation on “Digital Transformation Opportunities and Challenges for SMEs” at the APEC O2O Summit 2017, held at the InnoVEX Startup Exhibit of Computex Taiwan. In this presentation, Stephen delivered a few key messages:
- New paradigm shifts are taking place under Digital Economy trends.
- Controlling apex of user-centric ecosystems becomes critical to accelerate innovation scale-up.
- New business model in user-centric ecosystems: Wool out in dogs, pigs to pay.
- 4 revolutionary thinking are needed for SMEs under Digital Economy.
- Governments need to have mindset shift to support SME under Digital Economy.
- SMEs in Taiwan account for 98 % of companies and 78% of employees.
- Taiwan government gears to support SME and encourage innovation and entrepreneurship:
- Link to Local: Create innovative products and services sandbox.
- Link to Future: Create commercialization platforms for innovation.
- Link to Global: Explore export opportunities for innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- 3 goals for Asia ● Silicon Valley Development Agency (ASVDA) on IoT & Entrepreneurship.
- ITRI’s ongoing spin-offs have been fostering many new industry development.
- Taiwan Smart City strategy: Solve Local Problem, Happy City, Healthy Economy.
- SMEs need to be part of global team players to be successful in world markets.
- Future Trends of Industry Development
- Opportunities and Challenges for SMEs
- Directions for Taiwan SME Policy/Strategy