Stephen Su, General Director of IEK, was invited to deliver a presentation on “Taiwan Industry Development Trends and Opportunities for Global Collaboration.” In this presentation, Stephen delivered a few key messages:
- Taiwan IC industry outperforms worldwide with high market shares in many product categories.
- Taiwan has a well-developed infrastructure in Taiwan IC industry.
- Taiwan semiconductor industry creates NT$2.3T revenues, 226K Jobs and indirectly brings 1.1X revenues and 2.1X jobs in 2015.
- Taiwan Smart City Program will be accelerating IoT development.
- ITRI is focused on commercialization of advanced technology and industry development.
- ITRI’s spin-offs have been fostering industry development.
- ITRI builds Open Innovation System Platform (OISP) to foster collaborative ecosystems.
- Taiwan strives to be an Innovation Hub for Collaboration.
- Taiwan Industry Competitive Advantages
- Recent Industry Innovation Programs
- ITRI Research Highlights and International Collaboration
- Perspective on Investment and Collaboration in Taiwan