Cross-application Innovation Mindset
The automobile industry, which is usually considered as a driving force industry, involves a wide scope of supply chains and workers; and thus has great potential for nurturing cross-domain innovation products. This article focuses on two topics: “professional training: utilizing personal expertise or experience” and “daily observations: discovering the demands in daily life that are not satisfied yet.”
Innovation Facilitators combine technical knowledge with market observations to evaluate the potential of developing certain technologies into innovative products or services. They are crucial in facilitating cross-domain innovations. If Taiwan wishes to cultivate more Innovation Facilitators in the industries, we should focus on three major areas: establish demand-oriented mindsets, increase exchanges and collaborations between different businesses, and cultivate cross-domain innovation sensitivity.
- Case Title: Toyota / HY Project
- Cross-domain Element: Sound Frequency Stimulates Plant Growth × Electric Car Speaker
- Value Created: Cars with AVAS benefit plant growth, creating a win-win solution for the industries.
- Case Title: Materialise / Door Opener
- Cross-domain Element: Zero-contact Business Opportunity × 3D-printed Door Opener
- Value Created: Stopping virus transmission by avoiding touching the door knobs / handles.