Cross-culture Innovation Mindset
Cross-culture innovation is very common in marketing strategies. The concept of “cross-culture” originated from the differences between cultures and mindsets which directly affect target consumers' values, shopping behaviors, and aesthetics. Successful cross-culture innovations rely on their key players - Innovation Scouts and Innovation Facilitators - to figure out the cultural differences and fuse them together. They need to understand the consumers' shopping psychology and behavior to propose suitable marketing strategies. First they have to create a market ambiance with cross-culture innovations and then deploy brands to guide consumer needs and form product value.
Successful cross-culture innovations (products) must interact emotionally with the consumer, help people gain health and emotional benefits, and consequently improve economic and societal (health and emotional) resilience. In addition, successful cross-culture innovations require the assistance and support of the government. This includes measures such as investing resources in talent cultivation; motivating interactions, stimulation and collaborations between innovation talents, and building an encouraging environment.
- Case Title: Dave Asprey / Bulletproof Coffee
- Cross-domain Element: Tibetan Tea-drinking Culture × Western Food Culture
- Value Created: Bulletproof coffee, a healthy drink that fuses two different cultures.
- Case Title: GadgeTek Inc. / Smart Leap Beads
- Cross-domain Element: Wearable Device Culture × Religious Culture
- Value Created: Smart leap beads can satisfy the psychological and physical requirements of the elderly.